Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seed Racing Update

Well, I've had to go back to the drawing board with my seed racing effort. My seeds sprouted, but eventually withered in the dry Tierrasanta heat. I've bought a new seed racing track, this one with a clear, plastic lid to keep the humidity high. I'm hoping for better results this time. Last time I did this, I lived in Bay Park, about a mile from the ocean. The climate was milder and the seeds were able to sprout in the open air without any problems.

I'm still going with Zinnias and Snapdragons, for no other reason than that's what I was using last time. The seed packets say that they bloom in early Summer, but I'm betting that their little biological clocks will have them bloom whenever the plant structure is sufficiently mature to support procreation. Life is pretty determined in that way.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Everything is late this year it seems.