Saturday, April 17, 2010

Charleston Sunrise

I just got back from a business trip to Charleston. I stayed in a hotel near the shore so I could get photos like this. I think it's worth a click.


Note the tiny shorebird almost in perfect alignment with the rising sun. I think this is a sign of the Apocalypse. After all, Nostradamus said, "And when the flitting avian spirit comes in alignment with a huge ball of fire, then shall boxes of Sugar Pops come to life and dance the Rhumba!"

Well, I think it was Nostradamus. It might have just been some wacky dream brought on by too much travel.

8 comments:

ligneus said...

Almost surreal isn't it, very nice.

ini aku said...

Hi,

Nice post! Your content is very valuable to me and

just make it as my reference. Keep blogging with new

post! Unique and useful to follower....

Cheers,

car audio

schools

tim eisele said...

My recent shot over the water at copper harbor was more nearly monochrome (it was overcast and raining at the time), but it did manage to get both some Canada geese, *and* an oreboat

secular apostate said...

My Sugar Pops were completely out of control this morning.

Doom.

Kelly the little black dog said...

Great shot. Love how the ball stretches into the horizon. What did you shoot this with?

K T Cat said...

antoo, that was good comment! I will treasure it during the eternities. keep commenting

with new or old

comments, it is all clean here.

Ciao,

weevil storage

thermometers

K T Cat said...

tim, that was a wonderful picture. I noted that the geese lined up with the gap in the spit of land and the oreboat. Lord only knows what that will do to the behavior of our Captain Crunch.

Mr. Apostate, I'm thinking that dear, old antoo might have something to remedy the situation.

K T Cat said...

ligneus and Kelly, thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I got it with my Nikon D60 artillery piece. I was using the telephoto lens so the shot was consumed by the sun. When I use the standard lens, the result is washed out because of all the ambient light allowed in.