Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Blog as a Film Discussion Group

Yesterday, I was waiting outside a local pharmacy for a prescription for my daughter to be filled. I had 30 minutes to kill, so I dialed up YouTube and began watching The Omega Man. It's been captured and uploaded to YouTube in its entirety in 10-minute segments.

As I watched, I realized that a blog could become a film discussion group pretty easily. All you'd have to do is get a group that was interested in going through a particular movie that you knew was on YouTube, agree on a frequency of posting and then embed the segments in blog posts, in order, one at a time, with plenty of time in between and the comments would become the discussion group.

I'm sure this isn't an original idea, it's just something that popped into my head yesterday.

3 comments:

tim eisele said...

So, just to clarify: are you saying that you would like to do such a thing here on your blog, or are you asking whether somebody else would like to do it on theirs?

And speaking of reviewing books, check out the reviews on this one:

Chemical Shifts and Coupling Constants for Silicon-29

K T Cat said...

Tim, originally this post included a question on whether or not people wanted to do it on this blog. I hesitated later and removed that bit. I'd still be interested in doing it on this site.

As for the book you linked, I found ten copies at the Adams Avenue used bookstore here in San Diego for $1.50 each. I should have picked them up.

Just kidding.

K T Cat said...

I love the reviews. I'm guessing that's why you picked the book. The one-star reviews are the best!