Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Hummingbird Exhibit

... at the San Diego Zoo was my favorite stop when we visited on New Year's Day. First, I love small, colorful birds. I love their perky movements, their energy and activity. The hummingbird exhibit is a good-sized aviary with hummingbirds and some colorful, tropical birds, most about the size of sparrows. The aviary is big enough that the birds don't seem to know they're enclosed. It's paradise for them. There's lots of jungle foliage, a stream running through it, plenty to eat and no predators.

My favorite.

I took lots of photos, but they moved so fast that most of them came out blurred. On top of that, they were typically silhouetted against a light background of netting and sky, so they did not show up well. Out of about 40 photos, these were the only two of any quality. I confess I have no idea what these two little guys are.

I wonder what he or she was thinking.

3 comments:

Sissy Willis said...

"I love their perky movements, their energy and activity."

Spoken like a true cat.

Photo colors are remarkably intense. Staring at the bottom one, I could swear I saw it move. : )

K T Cat said...

Sissy, LOL! I hadn't thought of the cat angle. Maybe there's more truth to that than I'd like to admit!

Anonymous said...

"I wonder what he or she was thinking."

Probably "Look at those evil humans. They are the biggest threat we face. Darn you, humans!"