Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why Do People Go On Honeymoons?

... so they don't spend their first week together as a married couple doing things like installing washing machines.

My new wife and I decided to forgo our honeymoon and move her and her sons into our new house instead. We will be renting out her existing house and we have a tenant lined up that wants to move in on August 1. One of the things we moved from her house to mine were her washer and dryer. I'm relatively handy. Hooking up a washing machine and dryer is no big deal. Last night I got the dryer going - no problem. I hooked up the washer - no problem.

Then I turned on the water faucets connected to the washer. Water sprayed everywhere because the darned things are so corroded and old. Dang! What with working all day and still a ton of things to unpack, we decided to call a plumber in the morning to get the faucets replaced.

Then it was time to move her email account with Time Warner under my name. Over an hour later with tech support, it still wasn't done. It turned out that my email account was still associated with an old address from years ago and every time I had moved, Time Warner had just linked my new address to the old one. By now, the thing was so hopelessly complicated in their system that they couldn't do something simple like adding the email address.

And so on and so forth. Romantic honeymoon - ur doin it wrong!

2 comments:

Rose said...

LOL

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

HAAAAAA!!! You perfectly described our honeymoon...in fact we're still on it.

Have you noticed how darned heavy washing machines have become?