Sunday, July 05, 2009

We Need to Repeal Prop 13!

Out here in California, we have a revenue problem. Our taxes are too low and so the state doesn't get enough money. That's why there's a deficit. Don't believe me? Dig this reply to a San Diego Union-Tribune blog post:
Company that I do consultant work informed me Friday that they are pulling out of California and moving to Franklin Tennessee. That is 43 more decent tax paying jobs going to another State who is welcoming them with open arms. They will be telling their employees on 8/1/09 and all will be offered their jobs in TN, they expect only a 1/2 dozen will accept. The owner told me that it is impossible anymore to conduct business in California. Workman's comp is insane. The cost for Workman Comp forklift operator in CA is 20 times more pricey than TN and none of the red tape ... they have to go through
Hey, wait a minute! Now that I read that again, maybe they're not arguing in favor of more taxes. Hmm. I think I need to read it a few more times.

While I do, you might want to ponder this question: Who is John Galt?

No comments: