Thursday, April 09, 2009

Do you Know the way to Kumasi Ghana?

... sung to the tune of Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

I just got an email from Barrister Malami Mulumba that went like this:
I am Barrister Malami Mulumba Obaseki a personal attorney to Mr.A.Sing ,a national of your country, who used to work with Gold Field Development Company here in Kumasi Ghana herein after, shall be referred to me as my client. On the 21st of April 2008,my client, his Families were involved in a ghastly motor accident along Kumasi-Aburi Express road Unfortunately, all occupants of the vehicle lost their lives. Since then I have made several inquiries to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has also proved unsuccessful.
I love the use of the word "ghastly", but I don't know where Kumasi Ghana is. Does anyone? I suspect it borders Shamistan and Fraudtopia.

5 comments:

The pale observer said...

I am a Canadian living near Kumasi Ghana - though it is located on the western side of Africa, bordered by Ivory Coast and Togo - I can guarantee you that Barrister whatshisface lives in Fraudopia!!! It's a national passtime here!

There have been alot of fatal car accidents recently and hence they are trying to capitalise on that - hoping to make a buck off anyone for anything...

Anonymous said...

A quick Google search suggests this guy keeps picking unfortunate clients... they've been dying on that stretch of road since at least 2006.

Niall Mor said...

And let me guess . . . you just happen to be Mr. A. Sing's last living relative, and thus entitled to his huge fortune, and all Barrister whatshisface wants is your bank account number so he can transfer the money from, um, I mean to your account, right? What's fishy about that? And it just so happens he's also prepared to offer you a great real estate deal . . . something about a bridge in Brooklyn?

captchadef: disma: lacking in promise, unappealing, as in, "Prospects for employment are very disma right now."

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

KT....got the same letter!!!!

We're related? Cool.

Oh, yeah, I'm engaged.

Secular Apostate said...

Anon.,

Puts a whole new spin on the term "ambulance-chaser", doesn't it?

I'm glad we live in America where the lawyers are honest.

Did I say that? Did I really say that?

sesseta: (SAY-say-ta, n) a small pot used for the collection of the mariposa worms found in mezcal bottles