Sunday, March 08, 2009

Inviting Trouble

If I were an enemy of the United States, I would be licking my chops when I read things like this.
Allies of Mr Obama say his weary appearance in the Oval Office with Mr Brown illustrates the strain he is now under, and the president's surprise at the sheer volume of business that crosses his desk.

A well-connected Washington figure, who is close to members of Mr Obama's inner circle, expressed concern that Mr Obama had failed so far to "even fake an interest in foreign policy". ...

The American source said: "Obama is overwhelmed. There is a zero sum tension between his ability to attend to the economic issues and his ability to be a proactive sculptor of the national security agenda.

"That was the gamble these guys made at the front end of this presidency and I think they're finding it a hard thing to do everything."
You never want to let the world know you're in over your head. That's just asking for someone to start something.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Yep!

Unreal. I have reached the point where I am so mad I can only express my fury with profanity. I am SO disgusted with the Congress, the Democratic party, the leftist/activist uber left wing whackaloons, the destruction of vast amounts of privately held wealth, savings, retirement - the insecurity, the uncertainty, the lack of clarity - all the rules have been changed for no reason, those who looked ahead, and planned for their retirement, put money away, planned so as not to be a burden on others - all ripped away...

Arrrghh! It will pass. I am not usually a profane person.

The good news is His approval rating has gone from +30 to +8... sinking like a stone.

Check it out.

captcha: skulk :)

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Obama was going to cut back on his smoking when the election was over. You know, when the pressure was off. I passed it off as a misquote. Now, I think it was right and I can't remember where I read it.

capcha: dinteric

Rose said...

This man ran for a job he didn't really want and really wasn't qualified for. Those who were and are behind him try to cover for him as they push the agenda. Nothing can be done. The steel wasn't ready. they jumped the gun.

Any analogy you can think of - the dough wasn't ready, hadn't risen, so now you have flat hard as cement bread...

Even more fun - IMAGINE just HOW DIFFERENT things would be right now if McCain and Palin had been elected....

The Congress would not have been ordered to spend mega-trillions of dollars in such a hurry that they never even read the stupid thing, and despite the huge hurry let it sit around on the Prez's desk, in an oh, well, it's not THAT important kind of way... nobody would have jumped in the plane to fly out for a Valentine's Day date, the President, a real one, would be reaching across the aisle for real... the treatment of every foreign leader would be gracious and welcoming, costs would have been cut wherever possible....

Just IMAGINE. We would have REAL HOPE instead of despair.

You think things are bad, wait until the real taxes start kicking on - and I don't mean the overt taxes, but the cap and trade hidden tax on the poor.

Captcha: emeddely

And for even more fun - anagrams - americanthinker.com/2009/03/anagrams_and_politics
The Anchoress link