Monday, February 02, 2009

120,000 Reasons for Hope

... come from Tom Daschle.
Tom Daschle apologized Monday for delinquent tax payments as President Barack Obama and a top Senate chairman stood by him as the choice to lead the Health and Human Services Department.

Following a weekend of revelations about taxes and potential ethical conflicts, Daschle expressed remorse to the Senate Finance Committee, the panel that will decide his fate, saying he was "deeply embarrassed and disappointed" about failing to pay more than $120,000 in back taxes.

Obama, speaking to reporters, said he was "absolutely" supporting his Cabinet choice. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., chairman of the Senate panel, said he backed Daschle's confirmation.
Meanwhile, the MSM stay silent. Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

Care for a little Mussolini, anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My world is turned upside down. Democrats are supposed to have *sex* scandals! It's the *Republicans* who are supposed to have money scandals!


Incidentally, this is twice in the last week that you have said that the MSM media was silent on a particular matter (the previous one was about the voting in Iraq), immediately after I had just heard about them at some length on NPR. Does this mean that Public Radio is (a) not MSM, and (b) a more reliable and comprehensive source of information than the commercial news outlets?

K T Cat said...

It probably means that I don't even listen to the MSM and have no idea what I'm talking about and should not add that little tidbit at the end.

As for the sex scandals, I'm sure they're on the way.

K T Cat said...

Additional thought: I wonder what the editorial pages of the WaPo and NYT and LAT are saying about this. I guess I could look it up easily, but then that would require me to visit their sites ...


:-)

ligneus said...

"Care for a little Mussolini, anyone?"

Have you seen the side by side pics of Obama and Mussolini? They have the same sneering, I'm superior look.