Sunday, June 22, 2008

On Nikons, Canons and Royalty-free Photos

Tired of surfing the net for photos to embed on the blog, I've decided to start my own personal collection of photos that I can use in my posts. I'll start right after I by myself a new camera. At the urging of the helpful and generous advice from our Official Artist and our Missionary to the Frozen, Northern Wastelands, I went down to Best Buy yesterday to handle both the Canon Rebel and the Nikon equivalent. I found that I liked the Nikon a little bit better. It was heavier and the lens movement seemed sturdier. As soon as I get one, I'll start snapping some photos to share.

1 comment:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Check out Ken Rockwell's photography site. I've made a lot of use of his essays on digital photography. He's local to you and has occasional get togethers. If I was still living in San Diego, I'd be looking him up.