Sunday, June 01, 2008

A New Verse for Choo Choo Ch'Boogie

I've become a huge Louis Jordan fan. After hearing Choo Choo Ch'Boogie a couple of times, I couldn't get it out of my head. Instead, I came up with a new verse for it. Louis has passed away, but I hope he's somewhere up in heaven still enjoying all the pleasure he's still giving to the rest of us. Thanks, Louis.

Here's my humble offering. The link to the video for the song is embedded in my lyrics. Enjoy.
I heard some Louis Jordan just a couple weeks back
It got me jumpin’ ‘round like I’d stepped on a tack
He gave me jazzy rhythms that I surely did lack
His crazy wild singing was an audio snack
Now I need my Louis Jordan like a Big Mac Attack
So take me right back to his track, Jack!

Choo choo
Choo choo ch’boogie

Woo woo
Ooh ooh ch’Boogie

Choo choo
Choo choo ch’boogie

Take me right back to his track, Jack!

No comments: