Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Contemplating Regicide

We moved to a new place last week. Our Maximum Leader did not enjoy the move, but has adapted quickly to her new surroundings. She now wants out in the middle of the night, just like she did at the old place. It hasn't even been one week yet, much less the two to three they recommend cats stay in their new homes before being allowed outside.

Last night she woke me at 0230, 0330 and 0430. The previous night was the same. I need sleep. She needs out. If I don't let her outside very soon, I fear that one morning the police will find us both dead at the bottom of my stairs, her with her fangs in my throat and me with my hands around her neck.

We wouldn't want that.

"Surely you know that I shall get what I want in the end."

3 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

That sounds like our night with the new puppy. Can you lock her out so she doesn't wake you?

K T Cat said...

I'm such a softie that I don't have the heart to stuff her in the garage overnight.

Unknown said...

Oh that's just great! That' all I need. Come home from the Desert in a few weeks and my first duty as Knight Defender is to investigate a regicide. Wonderful....

Congrats on the new house though. May you have many years of joy and happiness dwelling there.