Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blogging Will Be Light Today

...because I spent the morning trying to record a screencast for work. I'm using utipu to record and host my screencasts. It's a really powerful tool (and it's free!) that allows you to record what's going on with your computer screen. Which is why they call it a screencast. I mean, you're not really putting your screen in a cast nor are you doing a casting call for someone to play your screen in a movie...

I seem to have gotten off track.

Anyway, I have discovered all kinds of things about recording. Like you need a script and everything. If you don't have one, you fill up the time with umms and uhhs. That's not good. I'd also like a microphone stand. It's hard to hold the mike with one and and type with other.

OK, I'm done complaining. I'll be back to blogging later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use a logitech easycall speakerphone that is integrated with a webcam. It sits on my desk and can record my voice (and anyone else's in the room) while leaving my hands free to type.

Give it a try.