Monday, April 14, 2008

If You're Omnitasking, You Must be Doing Something Simple

Where I used to work, we had a saying. "If it was easy, stupid people would be doing it." I worked from home for most of today when I found that some technical manuals I needed were still here. I was doing Flash coding on my big desktop machine while I had chat and email open on my laptop. I should have just kept the laptop turned off. The distractions were too frequent and, well, too distracting to really concentrate on what I needed. In the end, I discovered the key to what I was trying to do in Flash, but it took longer than it should have.

By the way, here's the definition of omnitasking. I like the first comment the best.

"Here's an idea: Solotasking. Doing one thing at a time, doing it right, and enjoying it."

1 comment:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Heh...ummmm...your turn KT.

"Tag, you're it"...like you didn't have enough to do........