Tuesday, March 18, 2008

They Must be Learning in Their Sleep

My son is a sophomore in high school. My daughter is in fifth grade. Almost every day after school I've asked them, "So what did you learn in school today?" I've gotten the same answer every time. "Nothing."

Somehow they've managed to progress in all of their subjects. I've read their textbooks and I can see the difference between kindergarten and fifth or tenth grade.

So just where were they doing their learning? My guess is that all those video games they play are more educational than we think.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Teenagers already know everything. So there is no need to learn. Its strange that sometime in your 20's or 30's you forget everything and then know nothing.

P.S. I've tagged Jacob for a silly meme.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for contributing this post to this week’s Carnival of Family Life hosted at Beauty and Personal Grooming! Be sure to check out the other wonderful entries this week! And if you would like to host a future edition of the Carnival, you can check out the schedule here and then let me know the week you are interested in.

Have a wonderful Sunday — and Easter (if you are celebrating)!