Tuesday, December 11, 2007

C'mon Get Happy!

So yesterday I'm sitting in my office at work, trying to set up a pretty sophisticated Movable Type 4 blog for our Public Affairs. I've got my office door open and thanks to our Apian Apostle, I'm listening to my new Layered Vocals Pandora radio station.

And what does Pandora decide to play for me? Why, the Partridge Family's I Think I Love You, of course! It took me a minute to figure out what it was and I quickly reached for the volume to turn it down. I was almost the right age to watch the Partridge Family when it was first on, but Jiminy Christmas, it's not the sort of thing I want blaring out of my speakers at work. OK, maybe just a little. Just enough so I can hear it, but no one else can.

After all, who doesn't want to get happy? :-)

Update: I had originally embedded the YouTube video of the Partridge Family opening credits with their theme song, but it seems to have been yanked from YouTube. How distressing!

3 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

KT....wow, haven't heard that one in a while. Should be my anthem....

Ever wonder what happened to the Group?

C'mon, "Get Happy" by going HERE.

Who'd have guessed?
Wollf

K T Cat said...

Susan Dey, who the other cast members claimed did not understand it was a comedy, went on to do L A Law, or something like that. Danny Bonaduce turned to drugs and has a talk show in Arizona. David Cassidy did the full rock star bit, ending up penniless and in the gutter on drugs before rebounding. I don't know what he's up to now.

I saw one of those A&E Biography shows on David Cassidy. That's where I got all this trivia. Cassidy came across as a pretty good guy after his recovery.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

KT....Update on Bonaduce....Dude got cleaned up and has a pretty cool gig as Adam Corolla's sidekick on 97.1 Morning drive.

Give it a listen....Corolla is an ADD guy with an IQ that went the entertainment route. Bonaduce fits nicely.

And....(gasp)....he's a Hard Core conservative. I'll dig up some You-tube and embed it.
Wollf