Friday, September 07, 2007

Caffeine Retrenchment

After living caffeine-free for a few weeks, I've gone back to one cup of coffee in the morning. That little spike of energy is just too good to pass up. Without it, I find myself unable to write or focus early in the morning. Apparently, the activation energy required for blogging is slightly higher than my normal, uncaffeinated levels. I'm still drinking a lot less than I used to and I really feel better because of it, so the experiment wasn't a total waste.

4 comments:

Foxfier said...

Try mixing in some decaf.

Anonymous said...

Coffee puts the system under the strain of metabolizing a deadly acid-forming drug, depositing its insoluble cellulose, which cements the wall of the liver, causing this vital organ to swell to twice its proper size. In addition, coffee is heavily sprayed. (Ninety-two pesticides are applied to its leaves.) Diuretic properties of caffeine cause potassium and other minerals to be flushed from the body.

Get the real scoop on coffee at www.CaffeineAwareness.org
And if you drink decaf you wont want to miss this special FREE report on the Dangers of Decaf available at www.soyfee.com

K T Cat said...

Anon,

I got the message already. I checked out the soy coffee site and that's great. However, I'm going to die of something some day no matter what I do. In the meantime, my small caffeine jolt in the morning allows me to focus enough to blog. It's not something I'm willing to give up. The blogging, that is.

If I could find a catalyst for morning energy release that wasn't caffeine, I'd try it, but I have yet to find that substance. You'd need to point to some statistically significant studies showing that one cup of coffee a day is dangerous. I don't believe they exist.

Spacemonkey said...

While drinking coffee might kill you.
Depriving me of my morning coffee might have the same net effect.