Monday, September 03, 2007

Are you Sure it's not Dinner Time?

It's too hot to do much today here in San Diego so I'm scoping out one of my favorite new cookbooks, Terry Thompson's Eating Southern Style. I just came across a recipe for Fried & Braised Cabbage with Country Ham.

In lolcat-speak, "Want."

I'll make it later today (if I can wait that long) and take some photos to foodblog it.

Update: It came out very nicely. It's very easy to make and provides a one dish meal. Essentially, you brown potatoes and ham in bacon grease and then cook cabbage in the mixture with some brown stock, vinegar and brown sugar. Here's what it looked like.

4 comments:

Foxfier said...

Oooh..... that DOES sound good.

Makes me miss my cast iron pan.

(In japan visiting my husband-to-be. Thought that a cast iron pan might make the folks nervous.)

Unknown said...

Yummy!

I knew I should have stopped by for supper last night......

Kelly the little black dog said...

Yummm!

K T Cat said...

It was some serious down-home cookin'. My son liked it a lot, my daughter didn't like it at all (but she's become finicky, so she's not much of a gauge) and I gave it a 7 out of 10.

That means it was good, but probably not good enough to repeat too many times. Terry Thompson is so loaded with 9 or 10 out of 10 recipes, that a lowly 7 gets tossed like last week's pork chops.

:-)