Friday, May 18, 2007

A Major Announcement

My stipa tenuissimas have bloomed. OK, so maybe this doesn't qualify as a major announcement, but it's still a big deal to me. I raised the little brutes from seed and now they are fructifying.

In fact, I'm not sure they ever bloomed, since I didn't see the flowers, but I have seen seeds on them. This is a huge step for my landscaping. My Western Garden Book sternly warned me to plant them 12" apart. As they have never moved an inch horizontally, that recommendation seems a bit silly now. However, as they reseed themselves, they will fill in the barren patches in between each other.

Blogger seems to be struggling with uploading photos again, but as soon as I can, I will post an image of lovely stipa tenuissimas swaying gently in the wind. Mine don't sway at all. They just stand there, upright. Some day I hope to see them sway. And on that day we shall all rejoice. Or maybe we'll just blog about it and then go play some Star Wars: Battlefront.


My Stipas



Professional Stipas

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Photos?????

K T Cat said...

Couldn't upload them. I'll try again tonight.