Friday, March 09, 2007

Sprint is Driving me Crazy!

I just transitioned from Nextel to Sprint. I needed to reduce my costs and go to a service with a larger coverage area. Before I moved, I asked all of my friends about what they used. Everyone had a horror story about a previous cell phone service provider. Unfortunately, they all had had different services, so the end result was that every carrier was hated by someone.

I switched to Sprint because I thought it would be the easiest transition from Nextel. I was wrong. I can't set up my voice mail. I have messages waiting for me, but every time I call my voice mail it tells me I need to set up my mailbox. It asks me to input my desired voice mail code and then press #. I do that and then it asks me to do it again. I do it. It asks again. I do it. It then tells me that it couldn't understand what I typed in and hangs up on me.

Right now I'm on hold with customer service on my FOURTH phone call to them to get this cleared up. It's my freakin' voice mail. It's not complicated. I've given them my passcode three times and they've reset my voice mail three times and after each reset, I call my voice mail and it tells me I need to set up my mailbox. It asks me to input my desired voice mail code and then press #. I do that and then it asks me to do it again. I do it. It asks again. I do it. It then tells me that it couldn't understand what I typed in and hangs up on me.

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhh!

Update: Sprint made things better. I exchanged my new phone, one that came free with the service, for the next better model, one that cost $20. It is MUCH better. The salesman had tried to tell me that I wouldn't be happy with the cheap, free phone when I got the thing, but oh no, Mr. Cheapo wouldn't listen.

I'm very happy with the results now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a fact you might want to know, Sprint and Nextel are the same company. Just like Cingular and AT&T.

K T Cat said...

Yeah, I know. That's why I thought the switch would be easy!

Anonymous said...

K, but why would you switch to the same company? That sentence sounds pretty odd.

K T Cat said...

I can see how it seems silly, but Nextel has a much smaller coverage area than Sprint. Sprint is everywhere Nextel is and more. For example, in the desert areas where I go rockhounding, Sprint covers it, but Nextel doesn't.

By the way, thanks for the visits and the conversation!

Ron Pereira said...

Kt, send those bozos from Sprint over to the Lean Six Sigma Academy and I will teach them how to reduce defects and understand the voice of their angry customers! Have a great weekend and good luck with the voicemail.

Oh and "anonymous" may want to know that even though Cingular and AT&T are now the same they are about as different as they come. I worked for Nokia for 8 years and can tell you lots of stories.