Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Swallowing my Words

So today was my last day in my old job. It was also our annual department review, in which I emceed a large portion. Additionally, I am in the depths of a cold right now. My head feels like a major freeway is being constructed inside and every cell of my body hurts. It was so bad this morning that I could barely WOG.

As I gave my briefing, I was sucking on a lozenge when it went down the back of my throat. It was a brief nightmare trying to get it down.

Blah blah blah blah GLRK! (Swallow, man, swallow!) BLORK! Blah blah blah...

I don't think anyone noticed. At the time, I could just image switching from words to pantomime as I tried to get someone to come up and give me the Heimlich maneuver.

No one knew until I told some people afterwards. I thought for sure it was obvious.

No comments: