Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What if you Asked for a Vote and Nobody Bothered?

This morning I discovered Guy Kawasaki's outstanding blog about venture capitalists, business, marketing, Web 2.0 and so on. At the end of each post, he has this cool little widget that allows you to rate the post, 1-5 stars. It shows the average rating to date and the number of people that have voted.

For him, it works, but what if you used it on your blog and no one ever voted? At the end of each post you'd see "0 out of 5 stars from 0 votes." Talk about wearing a "loser" label. Not only does no one comment, but they can't even manage to click on a star. That's even easier than the back-breaking two clicks it takes to vote in a pollhost poll. I don't think I'd risk it until I was getting well over 1000 hits a day.

I want a widget that reads the visitor's mind and votes for them.

No comments: