Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Odds and Ends

My morning coffee isn't working. I want to write my World of Good (WOG), but I just don't have the energy to do it yet. In fact, I don't really want to do anything at all except wander around the web. Hmmm. Let's see what we can find.

By the way, I'm using the new IE 7.0 and I really like it. I like the tab implementation in this better than Firefox. And yes, I know Firefox did it first.

First, Ron Schott has redesigned his blog because of my (hopefully gentle) scolding. I love the look. I wear and decorate with and love cool colors, but his use of the warmer parts of the spectrum work great.

Our Missionary to the Frozen Wastelands has Arthur C. Clarke's list of the 10 best sci-fi movies of all time. Ironically, I just Tivo'd The Thing from Another World. I haven't seen it yet, but the bit I was watching when I decided to record it was great. The dialog was natural and there was a lot of underlying tension between the characters.

Our Mother Superior of the Holy Order of Ocean Whitefish just got back from a trip. While on the plane, she...well, I'd best let her describe it herself.

I know you probably paid some large dollars to have those nipples pierced, but we'll pay some big bucks to have you keep them under wraps! You're too old. You're too hairy. You're too...let's just be honest. Nipple rings are icky.
Read the whole thing.

I found what looks to be the ultimate site for rock tumbling. It has a massive discussion board filled with rockhounds. Too cool! Better than that, my daughter will now be studying geology in her 4th grade science class. On top of that, I've discovered a great site describing the geology of San Diego. It has two cool entries, one on basic San Diego geology and one that gets much more detailed. Lastly, I had forgotten that the wife and co-blogger of our Missionary to the Frozen Wastelands is a geologist, too. Sorry about that!

The second cup of coffee is starting to kick in. Let's see what we can do about that WOG...

5 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

I ment to ask, on your home built rock tumbler, how do you keep the liquid in the coffee can. Does the lid hold tightly enough?

As for the importance of taking things apart, I think it is a fantastic idea for your kids. It seems that kids today don't get a chance to use tools or tinker. i remember I spent a large portion of my childhood playing with batteries and wires and takeing just about anything I could apart.

K T Cat said...

Re: liquids. Not sure yet. We haven't hooked the whole thing up yet. That will be this weekend. I plan to use the coffee can lid with a hole poked in it for the shaft. I can use some silicone to seal the hole. I will be mounting the whole silly apparatus at a 30 degree angle so the rocks, grit and liquids will just roll around in the bottom.

Justin said...

Actually, Netscape did tabs first. I seem to remember them as far back as 2003.

Mozilla... and Firefox... were both built off of Netscape.

Unknown said...

UGH!! No coffee, no workee.

Uh oh! Do I sound like the steriotypical cop?

K T Cat said...

A stereotypical cop would have also asked for donuts.

;-)