Friday, October 27, 2006

I Just Switched to Firefox

I have used Internet Explorer for a long time. The laptop I'm using right now, a Compaq nc8230, is buggier than ksquest's moth collection. IE in particular has issues. I just upgraded to IE 7 thinking it would solve my problems. In a manner of speaking, it did.

Now when I open IE and surf over here to The Scratching Post, IE closes itself after loading about 20% of the page. No warning, no error message, just poof! and it's gone.

I went out and installed Firefox and I love it. IE told me that it did not want to work on this machine so I won't force it to do so. Who am I to argue with Microsoft?

7 comments:

LL said...

WHAT?! It took you this long to get firefox? Have you used the tabs yet? I loooooooooove the tabs!! Welcome to the new millenium where Microsoft doesn't run the world. hahaha

K T Cat said...

Tabs are great!

Southern Girl said...

Welcome to the Firefox club! I've been using it for a couple of years, and I lobster love it. ;) In fact, it was so nice and I enjoyed being without at least one thing Microsoft, it led me to ditch PCs altogether and get a MacBook. Bye-bye, Bill!

Anonymous said...

I used Firefox awhile ago (several releases ago) and ditched it for awhile for who knows why.

The newer releases and extensions are much better now and I've been going hog wild installing stuff for it.

Have fun!

Justin said...

Yes. Firefox is the best.

I'd been ragging you about switching to it for how long???

K T Cat said...

OK, OK, Justin, you were right again.

Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.
Justin was right.

Satisfied now?

:-)

Justin said...

That's no shock to me, I'm always right :p