Friday, June 09, 2006

Fire Alarm Identity Crisis

In yesterday's Thursday 13 I told you I had woken up when my fire alarm went off because it saw fog. This morning, at roughly the same time with the windows closed it went nuts again. A few loud MEEPs! and then about two seconds of WAAAAIIIIIILLLLL! and then nothing. A half an hour later there's a half-hearted MEEP! and then nothing.

I'm beginning to think my fire alarm is psychotic. It sees things that aren't there. Meanwhile, there's no point in trying to get back to sleep. Maybe my fire alarm hasn't thought much of my blog posts lately and wants me to wake up and get to writing.

It could be the battery, but if that was the case, why would it go into full panic mode? When my old fire alarms started to lose battery power, they would MEEP regularly until you went crazy. I had thought my new fire alarms were drawing power off of my house and keeping their batteries charged all the time. I need to go look this up.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

We have one in our basement that talks. Startled me the first time I heard a strange male voice coming from a dark room.

K T Cat said...

It talks?!? Man, that would freak me out. I can just imagine snoring away and then waking up to a booming voice saying, "Get out! Get out!"

Assuming I didn't have a cardiac arrest, I'd soil the sheets for sure! :-)