Sunday, June 04, 2006

Blogging Doldrums

Things are relatively smooth in my life right now. I’ve read the books I wanted to read, implemented the plans I wanted to implement, the cat, the hamster and the kids are all doing well. I read fewer and fewer political blogs now. Specifically, I read Mark Steyn, Hugh Hewitt, Captain’s Quarters and Instapundit (Alliance friends: note no link for the puppy blender!). Other than Mark Steyn, they get just a cursory glance.

At work, I’m implementing some new collaboration techniques on our marketing team and the roll out has been very positive. We have a pretty cynical and blunt talking group and even they have been upbeat about what we’re trying to do.

I recently read Napolean Hill’s Think and Grow Rich, Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace and several books on marketing and strategic planning. I took time to sit down and write out concise vision and mission statements and am working on strategic and tactical planning to go from where I am to where I want to be.

In all of this activity, I find little to blog about. As an aside, it’s curious to be blogging about not having anything that I want to blog.

Is it possible that blogging comes from anxiety or agitation? Is it like a chemical reaction where there is activation energy necessary for the reaction to occur? When everything is running smoothly are things just too quiescent to blog?

Maybe I just need another cup of coffee.

Life is good.

Technorati tags:

No comments: