Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm Ready for My Close Up, Mr. DeMille!

I finally found a good way to photograph Jacob. In a previous post I described how difficult it is to get a good picture of the zippy little rodent. I discovered that if I put him on a windowsill, he tends to stay put long enough to get some good shots.

Since he is nocturnal, I did this at night with the room lights dimmed. I turned the flash off on the camera to eliminate the red eye effect. I really liked these to photos. I hope you do, too.


4 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

So why do you think he stands still on the window sill?

Kukka-Maria said...

I think he looks simply yummy...I mean, attractive!

My guess is that he sits still because he doesn't want to fall off of the window sill. I'm trying to think like a hamster. Which is difficult. Because I usually think that I want to eat hamsters.

K T Cat said...

I appreciate the fact that the Empress restrained herself and did not eat my little friend.

I think she hit upon the reason, too. He doesn't have anywhere to go, so he just sits there and waits for me to pick him up and get him off the sill. For all I know, that facial expression is one of rodental exasperation.

Unknown said...

hehe.. I've always thought Jacob was a cute little fella.

We've had a couple hamsters over the years. It's amazing how much fun and entertaining they can be. Not to mention usually fairly inexpensive to maintain (once you have the cages). Well, except for that smashed up car thing.... lol